4. Order of Execution
The order of execution of items on a line is critical to safe and effective machine operation. Items are executed in the order shown below if they occur on the same line.
1. Comment (including message)
2. set feed rate mode (G93, G94).
3. set feed rate (F).
4. set spindle speed (S).
5. select tool (T).
6. change tool (M6).
7. spindle on or off (M3, M4, M5).
8. coolant on or off (M7, M8, M9).
9. enable or disable overrides (M48, M49).
10. dwell (G4).
11. set active plane (G17, G18, G19).
12. set length units (G20, G21).
13. cutter radius compensation on or off (G40, G41, G42)
14. cutter length compensation on or off (G43, G49)
15. coordinate system selection (G54, G55, G56, G57,
G58, G59, G59.1, G59.2, G59.3).
16. set path control mode (G61, G61.1, G64)
17. set distance mode (G90, G91).
18. set retract mode (G98, G99).
19. home (G28, G30) or change coordinate system data
(G10) or set axis offsets (G92, G92.1, G92.2, G94).
20. perform motion (G0 to G3, G33, G80 to G89), as
modified (possibly) by G53.
21. stop (M0, M1, M2, M30, M60).
- About Us
- Customer Support
- Product Support
- Machining Help